How to start a blog in blogger 2021[step by step guide]
Want to start a blog and earn money from it?
- sharing your technical skills
- express your thoughts through the blog
- make money from advertising and affiliate marketing
- Free gadgets and stuff review.
Note: you can change the domain name anytime in the future.
Key steps to start a blog:
- step-1: choose a blog topic
- step-2: Buy a domain name (No need for hosting in blogger)
- step-3: create an account in blogger.
- step-4: connect your domain name with a blogger account.
- step-5: make necessary settings in the blogger dashboard
- step-6: write your first blog post
- step-7: create necessary pages for the blog
what are the advantages and disadvantages of the blogger platform for blogging?
Advantages of Blogger :
- Fast loading servers free of cost
- Better security
- Easy Adsense approval
- No need to pay for hosting
Disadvantages of Blogger :
- Limited customization option
- no plugin support
- Limited theme options available
- Need some manual settings
Choose a blog topic:
How to find the topic of your blog?
Buy a domain name:
What is a domain name?
Create an account in Blogger:
STEP-1: visit blogger.com
STEP-2: choose a blog title
After sign-in in to your Gmail account, you will see a page like this as shown below. you need to enter your blog name here.
STEP-3: Now enter your blog address.
Here you need to add a blogspot.com domain. it is free to use. if you want to add your custom domain then you can add it later after creating a blogger account.
STEP-5: Add a blogger profile name
you can add multiple blog authors and admin later in the setting.
Welcome to blogger
Important things after creating a Blog:
- Add a custom domain
- write your blog description
- Set up your current time zone.
- Add a custom theme
- create important pages
- Do proper SEO (search engine optimization)
Add a custom domain:
Write your blog description:
Setup your current time-zone:
Add a custom theme:
Create some Important page:
Do some proper SEO Settings:
How to publish your first post on blogger?
Here are some tips for writing a post.
- When you are writing your content, imagine there is a person sitting next to you, and you are talking to the person. Write in the 1st person tone, because there is a single person who is reading your blog. For example, you are reading this blog post alone. That is why you might notice, my tone is “I” and “You”.
- Your content should cover all the points of the topic you are writing about. Feel free to write 1000+ words.
- Use some keywords in the title and description. and keep paragraphs short (maximum 2 lines) which helps the reader read your content easily.
- Don't copy someone's image, always try to create your own image as much as possible.
- You can use some free image websites like Pixel, Canva without any Copywrite issues.
- You can also embed youtube videos for more audience retention and it helps reduce the bounce rate of your site. (you can embed someone else's video but don't download and upload it on your website.)
- Always try to use some media like images, infographics, videos, audio files, etc.