How to fix crawling and indexing issue in Blogger?
Are you facing an indexing error on your Blogger website?
Well, after reading this you will be able to solve the crawling and indexing issue as we discuss each and every setting extensively.
Here, I will cover how to set up custom robots.txt files, homepage and post page tags, meta tags and search console settings, etc.
🢂 Table of contents 🢀
- what is crawling?
- What is search engine indexing?
- Search engine ranking
- How to fix crawling & indexing issue in Blogger?
- How can I avoid indexing and crawling issue?
what is crawling?
What is search engine indexing?
Search engine ranking
How to fix crawling & indexing issues in Blogger?
#1: Privacy Setting
#2: Crawlers and indexing settings
# Blogger Sitemap User-agent: * Disallow: /search Disallow: /category/ Disallow: /tag/ Allow: / Sitemap: https://www.example.com/atom.xml?redirect=false&start-index=1&max-results=500
If your website has more than 500 pages then you can add multiple sitemaps to your website. so, just add an extra line of code after the above code.
In this way, you can add 1000 pages to your blogger XML sitemap and solve the indexing issue.
Now enable the "custom robots header tags" option and then you have to set the 3 header tags below.
- Open Homepage tags and select the "all" & "noodp" option and save it.
- Now select Archive and search page tags and select "noindex" & "noodp" option and save it.
- In Post and page tags select the "all" and "noodp" options and save them.
#3: Submit sitemap in Search Console
Now you have to submit the sitemap in the search console. If you don't have an account then create one and then verify your domain in it.
Now click on the sitemap option in the search console and enter the sitemap URL. Type the URL in this format and click on submit.
How can I avoid indexing and crawling issue?
- Post Articles frequently and update your old articles.
- Focus on the interlinking of articles as it helps search engines discover new pages easily.
- Share the article on social media and get some initial traffic to that page.
- Fix broken Internal links
- Fix redirect loop (it happens when two pages redirect to each other)
- Improve page loading speed
- Fix duplicate pages issue
- Use HTML sitemap in Blogger